Monday, May 12, 2014

The Knockoff

Oh, one of my very favorite topics to discuss: shoes.

Shoes are basically my favorite accessory because they can bring a new and beautiful addition to any outfit.  They add pops of color, height, and confidence to a woman's look.

A woman must know, however, the right kind of shoe.  Sure, all women have different price levels, but let's be completely honest.  Christian Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik trump all other shoe designers.

Of course, I can't afford to have a closet full of those beauties, even though I am lucky enough to have just one gorgeous red-soled shoe grace my shelves.  But, I know what the affordable and quality shoe designers are.  It is necessary to understand that a woman's life depends on the shoes she wears. Regardless of if a woman can afford a patent leather Louboutin or not, one should not be buying shoes from the sale rack at Payless, just because they are cheaper.

Shoes and relationships can go hand in hand.  When one thinks about it, a shoe is just as important in a woman's life as her other half.  If one has good taste and waits to buy those classic patent leather Manolo mary-janes that Carrie believed were the "urban shoe myth", then she is also likely to have the patience and realization that a good man comes with time.  Now, if you are willing to pay for those $10 sandals from Payless, then you are going to end up with trash on your feet and on your arm.


I will be honest, I have bought cheaper pairs of shoes before, but I usually just needed them in a bind, or they were an impulse buy.  And there are exceptions.  I bought nude heels from Target years ago, and they have now just started to wear out.  On the other hand, the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I own are from Target.  So, there are both sides.

But generally, I feel that shoes that are well made and gorgeous, are worth the time and money.  Sure, Carrie needed to work harder to make money for the shoes she wanted, but in the end it was absolutely worth it.  The same thing goes for men.  When a woman wants a real man, she waits for it.  She does not settle for the cheap thing that is easy to find.

Remember, a knockoff may last a few years, the real thing lasts a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment